Director-ARCOS (Grant Funded) - #9482251
City Colleges of Chicago
Harold Washington College
ARCOS - Advancing Research and Career Opportunities in STEM - Project is funded by a five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education for Hispanic-Serving Institutions, Title III STEM and Articulation Grant, awarded to Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) and Harold Washington College (HWC). Through academic programs, student supports, experiential learning, and external and internal partnerships, the overarching goal of the ARCOS Project is to provide and expand opportunities to increase the number of Hispanic and low-income students graduating with STEM degrees and successfully transitioning into STEM careers. Harold Washington is currently in search for a full-time Director-ARCOS. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Instruction, and in collaboration with the college’s Principal Investigator, the Director - ARCOS directs and manages the project’s programmatic and outreach activities; serves as the point of contact for students and faculty participants; and ensures subcontracting requirements with NEIU are met. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with students, consider joining our team.
The Director - ARCOS works with key internal and external stakeholders to create student centered-strategies and enhance industry partnerships to support targeted student population in obtaining a degree in STEM. Key objectives include:
- Develop integrated and collaborative opportunities for STEM students at both campuses
- Increase the number of Hispanic and low-income students attaining STEM degrees
- Redesign transfer and articulation agreements
- Develop and implement programming, curriculum, and internships that prepare students for STEM workforce and postgraduate opportunities
- Enhance existing and develop new student-focused service programs and infrastructure
- Develop faculty relationships and collaborations within STEM
- Develop and implement integrated wrap-around student services that address mental health and academic supports that are related to the impact of COVID–19
- Administers and implements day to day grant project activities and maintain all required documentation related to grant activities, budgets, procurement, and reporting.
- Supervises ARCOS leadership staff and coordinates the work of faculty fellows and subcommittees to effectively execute grant initiatives, monitor work progress and performance, and ensure grant objectives are met.
- Serves as the point of contact for students, faculty, and staff program participants, providing direct consultation related to program activities and issues.
- Communicates and works with Principal Investigator (PI), project staff and partners (faculty fellows, STEM faculty, and NEIU personnel) on planning, development, coordination, design, and implementation of grant activities, as outlined in the grant.
- Serves as the financial manager of the program, overseeing the development and administration of the budget in conjunction with the PI.
- Accountable for management oversight and budgetary control of the grant’s five year 1.2 million dollar budget.
- Oversees the work of ARCOS office support staff responsible for the maintenance of grant related records and budget expenditure records.
- Communicates regularly with PI to plan and report on grant activity and data; ensures compliance with all grant reporting requirements.
- Supports the STEM Learning Hub and STEM departments in recruiting student participants, and coordination of grant activities related to the STEM Learning Hub.
- Works with external evaluator of the grant to provide support, maintain lines of communication, implement program assessment, and provide necessary access/information on grant activities.
- Maintains documentation on the progress of student participants, including academic, financial, and post-graduate/transfer pathways.
- Collaborates with college administrator on project activities related to student enrollment, student wellness, student success to achieve ARCOS goals and objectives.
- Participates in college-wide initiatives, committees and task forces directly connected to recruitment, retention, and student success.
- Coordinates outreach efforts with industry/community partners in the Chicago to facilitate career readiness in STEM.
- Coordinates outreach efforts to promote access, enrollment, retention and matriculation in STEM and related fields.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a STEM or STEM related field.
- Ph.D. preferred
- Five years of relevant and professional work experience in higher education institution
- Experience working with and supporting under-represented minorities, first-generation, and low-income students
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to social justice and equity issues
- Experience in STEM-related educational program planning, development, coordination, and administration.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to cultivate and maintains partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
interest in City
Harold Washington College, located at 30 East Lake Street in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers all members of its community through accessible and affordable academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment. At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure more students complete their curricula - college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. This is an exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest in the nation.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume