Salix Territory Manager (PCP) - #9452148
Bausch Health is a global company that develops, manufactures, and markets a differentiated product portfolio across multiple high-growth therapeutic areas including Gastroenterology, Generics, Neurology, Ortho Dermatologics, Medical Aesthetics and Dentistry. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by over 150 million people around the world.
Our approximately 7,000 employees are united around our mission of improving people’s lives with our health care products.
Salix Pharmaceuticals is one of the largest specialty pharmaceutical companies in the world. Founded in 1989, Salix is committed to the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. Salix’s first US commercialized product, Colazal, was approved by the FDA in 2000. We offer effective solutions while continuing to strive to make advancements in patient care.
Every day, our employees around the world strive to improve peoples’ lives with our products. We achieve this by connecting with the patients who use our products and the healthcare professionals (HCPs) who prescribe them. Our therapeutic areas of expertise include management of conditions such as hepatic encephalopathy, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea, opioid-induced constipation, and ulcerative colitis.
Join the Movement
We employ dedicated and innovated team members who are driven to solve problems. We improve upon existing treatments, uncover new breakthroughs, and deliver comprehensive practice support to help HCPs provide best-in-class care.
We recognize that our team members are essential to our future. It is our goal to make everyone feel respected and equally appreciated so we are all dedicated and committed to the same cause. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment that encourages both professional evolution and personal growth. Each day you spend at Salix, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are working with dedicated individuals who share a common vision of constant innovation. To ensure that we achieve our goals, our team members are continually learning more about their fields of expertise. We are proud to facilitate this development by providing internal and external professional development opportunities. This commitment to growth helps drive Salix and our employees. Be part of the Salix team dedicated to moving gastrointestinal treatment forward.
The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for the sale of the organization's product(s) in a specified region or major geographical area. Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate selling skills and pull-thru execution through strategically and tactically allocating resources to drives results
- Develop effective customer relationships, and leverage those relationships to drive results
- Demonstrate expertise across the product portfolio, therapeutic areas, and managed care
- Effectively manage territory by routinely analyzing data to target high prescribing HCPs
- Develop and deliver effective sales presentations on the organization’s products to target HCPs
- Meet or exceed established call average and sales performance expectations
- Demonstrate market and industry knowledge relative to product portfolio and competitor products
- Understand and utilize clinical and disease state knowledge and the impact on patients and providers
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Attend various sales training classes, sales meetings, and national/regional conferences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Pharmaceutical sales experience or B2B sales experience is preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license to travel to customer locations (some overnights may be required)
- Requires strong business acumen, teamwork, collaboration, accountability, tenacity, and communication skills
- Ability to physically perform all job duties which include:
- Driving in a geographically large territory for long periods of time each day
- Lifting sample boxes (25 pounds)
- Remaining in a standing position for prolonged periods of time when giving presentations or lunches
- Performing other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
Benefits package includes a Comprehensive Medical (includes Prescription Drug), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account with company contribution, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) matching, 3-weeks paid time off plus 6 days paid sick time (unless a state or city-specific policy applies) to start (pro-rated for new hires), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 12 paid holidays (including floating holidays), Employee Assistance Plan, commuter benefit, recognition awards, voluntary benefits (including Identity Theft, Student Loan and Breast Milk Shipping), employee referral bonuses and employee discounts.
As required by law, Bausch Health provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in the US. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For this role, the range of starting pay for this role is $85k - $125k.
This position may be available in the following location(s): [[location_obj]]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Bausch Health's Job Offer Fraud Statement (https://valeant.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=224770&hashed=-1624416981) .
Bausch Health is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.