Manager, Customer Analytics - #9269621
As the industry leader in compensation management, Payscale is on a mission to help job seekers, employees and businesses get pay right, and make sustainable fair pay a reality. Empowering more than 53 percent of the Fortune 500 in 198 countries, Payscale provides a combination of data-driven insights, best-in-class services, and innovative software to enable organizations such as Angel City Football Club, Perry Ellis International, United Healthcare, Vista, and The Washington Post to make fair and appropriate pay decisions. Pay is powerful. To learn more, visit www.payscale.com
- Voted Seattle’s and Boston’s best places to work according to Built In 2022.
- Voted one of Seattle’s companies with the best benefits according to Built In 2022.
Payscale is seeking a Manager, Business Intelligence (internal job title) to support our rapidly growing Customer Success team and other Customer org teams in a highly matrixed, collaborative, and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate has outstanding business insight, a restlessness to answer "why?" questions, and is passionate about using data to drive decision making. We need someone focused on the science of decision making. You have a passion for data visualization and are a champion for standard methodologies and data governance across the company. You have a curiosity around data and are not afraid to dive in and find the answers. You are comfortable working with small and large data sets and with a data warehouse. You will have the ability to lead and evolve a team of BI analysts in partnering with cross-functional teams to help us reach our revenue and cost goals while following best practices.
- Articulate and execute against business intelligence vision in support of post-sales teams with an initial focus on Customer Success
- Design architecture for tracking key business metrics in real-time using Salesforce, Tableau, Gainsight, and other common B2B SaaS technologies
- In partnership with FP&A, lead the data gathering, analysis, and synthesis for QBRs, board meetings, and other key stakeholder presentations
- Evolve reporting of key financial targets and leading indicators related to CS quota attainment, spiffs, and renewals and upsells
- Own the creation and delivery of common reports and dashboards used to drive tactical execution against key business results
- Identify trends in our business metrics and partner with post-sales leaders to suggest process improvements and key actions to address them
- Partner with key internal stakeholders within the customer organization to collect feedback and evolve our reporting capabilities
- Support business-wide data governance and data integrity across platforms
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of business intelligence analysts
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics econometrics, physical sciences, or applied mathematics
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in an operations capacity, including 3+ years’ experience managing teams
- Proven experience with BI tools (Tableau) and SQL, especially with a data warehouse (Snowflake)
- An obsession with cleaning, structuring, and analyzing complex data sets
- An eye towards self-service, real-time capabilities across the business
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organization and time management skills
- Experience answering complex, ambiguous questions quantitatively
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity within common B2B SaaS tools, including a CS platform, preferred
Benefits and Perks
All around awesome culture where together we strive to:
- Pursue excellence every day
- Create customer value
- Compete to win (and lose!) as a team
An open and inclusive culture where you’ll learn and grow through programs and resources like:
- Monthly company all hands meetings
- Regular opportunities for executive leadership exposure
- Access to top-notch learning courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth
- A growing network of employee resource groups
- And more!
Our more standard benefits
- A flexible company culture where you’re able to work primarily from your home, with company-provided equipment to set you up for success
- Discretionary Paid Time Off, giving you flexibility to rest, relax and recharge away from work.
- 15 Paid Company Holidays, including an extended Fourth of July Break, World Mental Health Day, and Juneteenth
- A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, vision, disability, 401(k) covered up to 100% by Payscale
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave, including coverage for pregnancy loss
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee allocations
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We embrace equal employment opportunity. PayScale is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is our policy that employees will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, discipline, termination, compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, education, and social and recreational programs.