Sous Chef Restaurant - Eataly Downtown - #9269620
Eataly North America
Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim... for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Sous Chef supervises and coordinates the production of high-quality, authentic Italian dishes in one of Eataly’s exciting, high-volume, open kitchen restaurants.
Reports to the Chef de Cuisine and manages the kitchen staff.
This is an Hourly Position.
- Supervises and coordinates activities related to food preparation, kitchen and storage areas
- Participates in menu planning and actively manages food production
- Trains and works alongside cooks to ensure quality, speed, safety, and health standards are consistently met
- Informs front-of-house personnel of menu changes, specials, and shortages
- Requisitions and apportions food items and utilizes food surpluses to control food costs
- Assists with scheduling and payroll processing as requested
- Documents, investigates, escalates, and resolves employee or guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 3+ years of back of house experience, including 1+ years of management experience
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- Advanced computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree from post-secondary culinary arts program preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
Please be prepared to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination upon hire.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.