Supervisor-Trauma Registry Full-Time, Day - #9181990
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe Supervisor of Trauma Registry directs, organizes and supervises all personnel and activities in the Trauma Registry. Oversees the functions of abstracting trauma cases and meeting data submission deadlines for National Trauma Registry, DHEC and Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP). Ensures that all American College of Surgeons (AcoS) Trauma Registry standards are met and provides oversight of registry activities with regards to ACoS standards compliance. The Supervisor plans and organizes the ACoS survey process and completion of survey application. Functions independently as an integral member of the Trauma program leadership
- Supervise Trauma Registry staff, establish work schedules and priorities; Train and orient new registry staff; Complete staff performance evaluations; Revise/update Trauma Registry policies and procedures. 20%
- Ensure that all ACoS Trauma Registry Standards are met; Plan and organize the ACoS Trauma Survey process and completion of the survey application; Provides oversight of trauma registry activities and reports related to ACoS standards' compliance. 15%
- Abstract trauma case demographic, diagnostic, injury-coding and treatment data from the medical records; Collect, code and maintain data unique to a Level 1 trauma registry. 30%
- Responsible for all Registry quality assurance and data validation functions, including established (5%) injury coding review by Medical Director of Trauma; Data quality and validation reports for NTDB, DHEC, TQIP, and ACoS; Monitor inter-rater reliability and validity of abstracted data. 15%
- Responsible for handles all 'Requests for Data' and create reports as needed for research studies, administrative, community-based or marketing studies; Maintain log of all data requests and appropriate data release approvals (ie: IRB or administrative). 10%
- Utilize trauma data to support injury prevention, research, epidemiology, benchmarking and performance improvement activities related to the trauma program. 5%
- Accurately prepares reports and support material for Trauma related committees. 5%
Associate's Degree - In a related field (e.g. LPN, HIM or other medical/ biologic science field)
3 years - Trauma Registry
CERTIFIED TRAUMA REGISTRARS - CSTR
In lieu of the Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of Associate's degree, Trauma Registrar Certification with >5 years experience in Trauma Registry experience.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15106579 Trauma/Neuro Administration
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.