Leasing/Community Engagement Associate - Waters at St James Apartments - #9181964
Atlantic Housing Foundation
About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a difference.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 16 hours of Learning Time Off annually
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
About the Associate, Community Engagement role:
This position reports to the Community Manager functions as a collaborative team partner to facilitate and implement resident programs. In addition to below duties, this position primarily builds community partnerships that bring services to the property and acts as an ambassador of the property to link residents with needed services.
- Assist in developing and implementing community services programming in collaboration with residents, site staff & management and local community service providers
- Create relationships with local community service organizations and government agencies in order to coordinate special programming to improve the health, wellness and general wellbeing of residents.
- Effectively and creatively communicate with residents (such as by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, door knocking etc.,) to ensure residents are informed of available resources and programs
- Coordinate with site team members to ensure staff attendance at onsite activities
- Build strong relationships with current and future members of the community in order to increase resident participation and involvement
- Survey community with regards to needs to provide opportunities for residents in regards to their educational and personal goals
- Monitor program outcomes and implement evaluation techniques.
- Maintaining working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management
- Assist with general leasing and resident recertification duties including:
- Presenting properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants
- Handling incoming calls
- Processing resident applications
- Advertising available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials
- Resident retention
- Assisting the Community Manager/Assistant Manager
- Regularly provide and promote AHF Customer Service brand
- Entering information into property software system (currently Yardi)
- Outreach marketing
- Other duties as assigned
Education and experience:
- High school or equivalent (required)
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree a plus
- 1+ years of customer service experience (preferred)
- Able to form and maintain ongoing professional relationships with community service organizations, residents and apartment staff
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Knowledgeable about the community and local city and local resources
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to relate easily to residents, community organizations and apartment staff
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Previous community engagement, leasing or resident services experience (preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Knowledge of Yardi, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace (preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.