Corporate and Workplace Solutions-JERSEY CITY-Associate-Capital Projects - #9181893
In this role the candidate will be responsible for the tactical management of development projects. This individual must be a ‘hands-on’, achiever who will manage a complete project life cycle, its design completion and construction as well as relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to Operators, Architects & Engineers, and Contractors. Given the firm’s global real estate portfolio, this individual must have good interpersonal skills and be flexible enough to adapt to different cultural and labor environments while striving for the highest possible standards.
The individual must be a disciplined professional possessing best in class organizational skills and proven experience in the delivery of complex, high quality development projects.
Ideal candidate will have a background in architecture, an eye for detail and be well versed in the design lifecycle leading up to and through construction.
Management duties include owner related procurement, project execution, and project close out. Duties will be executed with a lean internal staff and a highly leveraged consultant and vendor staff including strong, on-site Project Management support by a third party.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Leverages expertise in design development, technology and delivery processes to drive continuous improvement within their team.
- Works well across stakeholder groups, balancing different users’ needs to create streamlined and effective solutions that align to the firm’s business objectives.
- Will create dynamic dashboards and reporting with data from internal tools and processes.
- Effectively gather requirements for such dashboard and reporting by working with stakeholders to understand the business needs while also leveraging your own real estate development and design background to aide in these recommendations.
- Familiar working with new tools and processes. Stays apprised of preeminent real estate development tools and technologies. Ability to identify potential new tools, create pilots, test and develop business justification for future tool implementation.
- Ability to be effective across the portfolio, at the regional and project level. Can easily shift context as needed and understands the key differences when identifying solutions and tools across these levels.
- Works to proactively identify portfolio risks, create mitigation strategies and collaborate with stakeholders to resolve.
- Identifies areas for efficiency and presents these opportunities to the team. Solutions to include a ROI and specifically address business needs to align all opportunities to the firm’s business objectives.
- Proactively monitors and reports on KPI’s. Ensure the recommendations (strategy, tools and process) align to support the KPI’s.
- Excels at clear and effective communication between all groups and can convey information clearly and effectively, tailoring presentation strategies to the appropriate recipient group
- Aid in the development of the overall look and feel of firm’s design vision and hold project teams to account. Will be able to develop standardized formatting for design teams to provide consistent deliverables aligning with the firm’s graphic standards
- Work with A&E teams to translate the firms vision into the project within specified project budgets and timescales
- Must have exemplary graphic presentations skills and be proficient with presentation software including Powerpoint and Bluebeam. Must be able to quickly adapt to presentation approach depending on audience and software available
- Is able to challenge both design and construction teams to improve efficiency, constructability and design strategies to produce best outcome for the firm
- Provide oversight to FF&E selection and develop framework for standardizing selections to maintain firm’s standards while delivering designs that are beautiful, commercial, and region specific
- Day to day direction and oversight of on-site supervision and project management, Owner related planning, FF&E and OS&E planning and schedules and assisting with the financial aspects of the development.
- Maintenance of systems and procedures and ensuring coordination of activities between all parties to the project – i.e. PM’s, consultants, CM, Owner, operators.
- Origination and interpretation of, budgets and controls, assist in preparation of cash flows.
- Preparation, management, reporting and control of project schedules.
- Proactively identify opportunities for value-engineering and working with design consultants and contractors in order to complete value-engineering and constructability reviews.
- Ability to manage and work with a diverse team with good interpersonal, technical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Coordination and integration of key stakeholder participation and project lifecycle to ensure successful turnover to operations.
- Provide consistent reporting to senior members, identifying and escalating project risks real time, as well as working with team members to provide effective solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Must have a degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum 10 years of design management experience
- Must be proficient in understanding design development, construction documents and MEP engineering specifications
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment while leading the Project team from conceptual design through completion of multiple projects
- Understanding of regional permitting processes and building codes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Experience in corporate real estate development
- Design background with a focus in corporate interiors and workplace solutions
Who We Are
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm’s corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm’s operating efficiency and productivity.
How We’re Organized
Workplace Experience - Encompasses the comprehensive onsite workplace experience, how people interact with the workplace, on and off-site events and our overall location strategy. Departments include Events, Real Estate Strategy, Real Estate Development and On-Site Solutions, which is comprised of Document Management, Facilities, Ground Transportation and Hospitality.
Spend Management - Encompasses the functions responsible for managing all aspects of the firm's spend with third parties - advising commercial agreements, managing third party and payment risk and driving operating efficiency. Departments include Product Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Governance, Procure to Pay, Integrated Travel and Expense and Infrastructure and Transformation.
CWS Engineering - Aligns several engineering functions focused on collaboration and productivity tools. Departments include Digital Workplace, Client and Production Engineering, Corporate Engineering , Spend, Data and Automation, Windows Engineering and Product Success and Delivery Engineering.
Office of Global Security (OGS) - Protects the people and assets of Goldman Sachs to ensure a safe and secure environment. Assesses risk to enable the delivery of effective security, fire and life safety protocols and leads crisis management preparation, implementation and recovery processes. Includes Physical Security & Investigations, Executive Protection, Fire Safety and Crisis Management.
Divisional Management (COO) - Aligns division-wide functions to drive strategic cohesiveness, consistency and efficiency. Departments include Business Unit Management, Communications and User Engagement, Risk and Environmental, Social & Governance.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.