Corrugated Packaging Designer in Des Moines - #9181342
Shorr Packaging Corporation
Since 1922, Shorr has been providing its customers with products and services designed to deliver the best packaging solutions with an ongoing focus on innovation and progress. Steeped in the tradition of a family business Shorr proudly offers its customers a unique combination of in-depth business knowledge and personal service and our employee’s ownership in our success. Shorr Packaging has experienced significant growth year over year. Our growth can be directly tied to our culture of employee ownership and unparalleled customer service and support.
As an employee-owned company since 1984, every member of the Shorr Packaging team is committed to the company's success. Today, Shorr has employee-owners in branch locations across the U.S. and represents premier manufacturers like 3M, Pregis, and Lantech.
The solution to our success is our people, both our customers and our employee-owners.
The Packaging Designer will be a critical member of the Shorr sales organization and further establish Shorr as a value-added supplier to our customers. In this role, you will conceptualize and create custom corrugated designs that will integrate with multiple substrates.
Prepares and designs samples of corrugated packaging for customers by establishing dimensions from actual items or other information provided
- Assists customers to develop new and innovative concepts for packaging
- Designs special containers, displays, interior packaging, etc using multiple substrates
- Prepares drawings and written instructions to be used for estimating purposes
- Designs samples using Artios CAD software and creates samples on our state-of-the-art Kongsberg design table
- Interact and collaborate with designers in other Shorr locations
- Orders and maintains all design room supplies
- Prepares palletization and other miscellaneous reports utilizing CAPE software
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Minimum of eight (8) years of point-of-purchase (POP) and industrial corrugated packaging experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Corrugated knowledge is strongly preferred
- Experience with ASTM, TAPPI, and ISTA standards desired
Shorr Packaging Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Female/Male/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) that provides our employee-owners with excellent compensation and benefits including 401K, employee stock (ESOP), medical, dental, life, and more.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.