Manufacturing or Quality Associate - Cell Culture or Protein Purification - #9171296
About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications.
What we offer you:
Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- 32 Paid days off including vacation, sick days & company holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position has the responsibility of working with senior level Scientists to execute laboratory scale process development or validation studies in support of process or assay development, or process troubleshooting or scale-up. The scientific knowledge in this position will range from familiarity with details of manufacturing process, process chemistries, development studies and relevant assay methods and instruments. This position will be one of the interfaces between Manufacturing Science and Analytical Technology (MSAT) and Manufacturing or Quality.
According to the organizational chart.
- For Purification or Cell Culture Position: Assist with the development, optimization and qualification of small-scale models of large-scale processes using appropriate laboratory equipment tools such as bioreactors or chromatography systems
- Troubleshoot manufacturing operations by analysis of manufacturing data and designing and conducting lab scale experiments
- For Analytical Position: Assist with the development and optimization of analytical methods such as HPLC, SDS-PAGE, IEF and residual protein and chemical methods
- Support experiments to test hypotheses based on in depth knowledge of process specialty
- Assist in editing and/or reviewing standard operating procedures, technical reports and qualification/validation documentation
- Analyze, interpret and communicate manufacturing and experimental data to project teams in the form of oral presentations and written technical reports
- Use statistical methods to interpret process or quality indicating trends and look for opportunities to optimize manufacturing processes, commercial products or analytical assays
- Participate in cross functional teams focused on process optimization, manufacturing development, or manufacturing investigations
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
0-10% overnight travel required. The ability to walk, finger, and grasp. The ability to talk and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers. This position may lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Visual acuity to perform close activities such as: reading, writing, and analyzing; and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations. Local and International Travel: 0-5%.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering or a closely related field with one year of experience is required
- Direct experience in protein process development function such as analytical, cell culture or protein purification
- Knowledge is required in the methods of one or more of these specialties
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP regulations
- Familiarity with commercial scale production process
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.