Library Media Associate - #9145935
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Date: Aug 6, 2022
City: Ester, AK
Contract type: Full time
- Accrued sick and personal leave
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and audio
- Retirement (PERS)
- A minimum of 48 hours of college credits. Include transcripts showing completion of or enrollment in a three (3) credit college level children's literature course, which explores a variety of literature, with an emphasis on selecting, interpreting, and using quality literature with children from preschool to grade 8.
- A minimum of one (1) year of public, academic, or school library work experience, to include experience working with online library catalogs and classification systems.
- Demonstrate general clerical skills, including typing speed of 35 wpm minimum.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of online library catalogs and classification systems.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computer operations, including database management; knowledge of various online resources and appropriate use.
- Must be comfortable working with elementary age children and be aware of their developmental stages.
- Ability to maintain an inviting and engaging child friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to promote literature and assist students in connecting with age appropriate books of interest in order to encourage their reading.
- Ability to help children learn computer searching skills, as well as traditional reference resources.
- Must have the ability to work independently, coping with continual interruptions, shifting job priorities, and under stressful conditions.
- Ability to coordinate activities of volunteers, library clerks, and elementary student helpers.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Experience in copy cataloging.
- A familiarity with web pages, Wikis and other Web 2.0 tools.
Two Rivers Elementary (18.5 mile Chena HS Road)
Unless otherwise stated, all vacancies with a specific closing date close at 9:00 PM Alaska time.
Applicants are required to submit an application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts, if applicable, to be considered.
Manages the library and assists students and staff in the effective use of library resources
Hourly rate: Grade 8, Step 1: $22.74
Work hours: 7.5 hours per day
Work year: 10 months
Bargaining Unit: Education Support Staff Association (ESSA)
This position offers an excellent benefit package including:
The following are required:
The following are preferred: