Titans After School Program Assistant Coordinator - #8983072
CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services
Titans After School Program Assistant Coordinators are the assistant supervisor at a designated after-school site and will be in ratio. Assistant Coordinators are responsible for the overall supervision of a site and all students participating in the program. Must maintain contact with the Lead Coordinator regarding all aspects of the program and must be committed to being a constant presence during all hours of operation. Assistant Coordinators must have high energy, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to maintain a fun and organized atmosphere
Must be available to work five (5) days a week
Elementary: Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Thursdays (Early Release Day) 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
(Note: District Minimum Days are scheduled throughout the year on Tuesdays: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Middle School: Monday through Friday 2:45 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Thursdays (Early Release Day) 1:25 p.m. – 6:30 p.m
(Note: District Minimum Days are scheduled throughout the year on Tuesdays: 1:25pm - 6:30 pm)
- Must implement all Titans After School Program rules and procedures.
- Must display professionalism at all times
- Directly working with students is a must.
- Ability to manage one site (3-5 classrooms with 20-25 students per class, totaling between 60–120 students at any school site and manage up to 3-5 staff members as well).
- Required to stay past the scheduled time when students are picked up past normal check-out time, regardless of the circumstances.
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Coordinator, Program Director, and Program Coordinator as well as all other staff members.
- Must follow Chain of Command – Report any incidents regarding your staff, students/parents or site (ex. lockdown drills, late pick-ups, etc.) immediately. If not, the employee will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Coordinator regarding all aspects of the program and must report all staff call-outs to the Lead Coordinator. Responsible for calling and requesting substitutes.
- Must host weekly staff meetings with the staff members at their designated site – the meeting agenda must be approved by Lead Coordinator on a weekly basis.
- Works with the Lead Coordinator to prepare and implement program activities and a disciplinary plan.
- Responsible to clock in/out on the site’s desktop computer only and ensuring all staff is doing the same. (LC/SC/AC may clock in using the Web Clock App if off-site at the time. Must complete electronic timesheet bi-weekly.
- Must ensure staff complete electronic timesheet and must make any corrections accurately on Web Clock when timesheets are due.
- Must approve own hours and all staff timesheets as scheduled bi-weekly.
- Provide students with educational enrichment including positive youth development strategies, recreation, prevention activities, and the ability to teach youth positive life skills.
- Ensures students receive constant supervision and provides a safe and supported environment at all times.
- Create and implement an engaging educational curriculum monthly or as needed upon approval of direct supervisor.
- Provide tutoring and homework assistance
- Implement all Titans After School Program curriculum: Buena Park: Let’s Learn!, Meet the Masters, Math Readers, Battle of the Books, STEM, Comic Books. Must also implement any new curriculum that may be introduced during the school year. (Training will be provided.)
- Assistant Coordinator is responsible for any Titans After School Program property such as curriculum and electronics that have been given to them or checked out for use. If these items are not returned or are reported lost, the employee will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Ensures the program materials and equipment are available and working.
- Responsible for hosting Parent Events at the site throughout the year as needed and at the end of each school year.
- Responsible for managing service learners, interns, and volunteers at the site.
- Ensures that the absent list gets sent to the Program Assistant within thirty (30) minutes of program start time.
- Responsible to collect all attendance documents and any other documents needed at the end of programming daily.
- Responsible to go over attendance sheets daily to ensure there are no missing signatures or other missing components.
- Maintain updated student information on the attendance tracking system (City Span) on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Accurately track students’ progress using the programmatic protocol.
- Responsible for having their own vehicle of transportation. This position will require the use of your vehicle from time to time to transport program equipment from sites or to report to other locations if needed.
- Responsible to help guide other staff members to enhance their job performance.
- Responsible for checking their assigned Fullerton email on a weekly basis to ensure all trainings are up-to-date and completed by their deadline. If not, this will result in the employee’s work status being deactivated until all trainings are completed and cleared through HR.
Mandatory: Must volunteer six (6) hours (3 per semester) of Professional Development Hours (PDH) by the end of April 2023. Extensions may be granted with prior approval from either the Program Director or Program Coordinator
Performs other duties that are assigned throughout the year
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Supervisory skills are a must.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills.
- Ability to manage one site (3-5 classrooms with 20-25 students per class, 60–120 students at any school site, and manage up to 3-5 staff members)
- Understanding behavior management and effective disciplinary techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional interpersonal and partnering relationship skills.
- Ability to keep track of all curriculum and binders at the site.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel) and Google Drive
- Must pass the District Exam OR have 48 college units completed.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA, if enrolled in college as an undergrad.
- Must be flexible, team-oriented, child-focused, and want to make a difference in the lives of children.
Must pass the District Exam OR have 48 College Units Completed
Performance will be evaluated on the performance of the essential functions of the position; the accuracy of duties and the timeliness in which duties are performed. Performance will be evaluated on the necessity of meeting reasonable service goals
May have short or prolonged periods sitting in front of a computer. Prolonged periods of standing, walking, talking, hearing, pulling, bending, may carry 10 - 20 pounds of objects/material, not exposed to extreme noise level, use hands, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, taste or smell
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at email@example.com or (657) 278-4117.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the ASC. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASC employees who apply for the position.
CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note: CSUF/ASC follows the direction of the CSU Policy related to COVID-19 vaccination. See FAQ Vaccines for more information.