General Manager - #8880269
The much-loved FogCatcher Inn is a seaside gem located just across the street from the sparkling shores of Moonstone Beach. On-site features at our Cambria, CA inn include a year-round heated pool and Jacuzzi with spectacular ocean views, perfect for sunsets, complimentary expanded hot breakfast, and fireplaces in every room.
The General Manager will be a “hands-on” leader and have the intrinsic desire to meet the needs of our guests and team members. Items that will be instrumental in driving the success of this hotel include: Community involvement, an appreciation for family and food & wine, and a connection to nature & the ocean. This property requires a GM that has a strong rooms background along with experience in sales, food & beverage and event planning.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Exceeding Guest Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervising Team Members - Supervising and managing team members. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding team members’ positions well enough to perform duties in their absence.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers and Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Managing Daily Operations of the Hotel - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the guests on a daily basis.
- Guiding, Directing and Motivating Subordinates - Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Administrating Recognition Programs - Participating in team member recognition programs, publicly recognizing good quality, performance and service.
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others - Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Tasks performed daily (regularly): Review/verify daily reports, responsible for bank deposits, petty cash, guest relations, public relations, facility inspection, sales calls, maintenance of accepted standards of operations, monitor performance to forecast.
- Tasks performed periodically: Hire/train/coach/delegate/terminate team members, negotiate contracts for goods and services following company policy, negotiate groups along with room sales, order supplies and approve invoices for payment, monitor and collect receivables, attend community events (Chamber of Commerce, Visitors Bureau, etc.)
- Tasks performed occasionally: Oversee hotel refurbishment, travel to sales events and training seminars, survey competing facilities, complete marketing reports, monitor monthly financial statements, participate in hotel budgeting and planning.
- Other duties from time to time as assigned by Manager.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. Our client also encourages quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which they work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
- 2 - 3 years: At least 2-3 years’ experience as a General Manager within hotel operations demonstrating progressive career path responsibilities (will consider AGM's at bigger properties with larger scopes of responsibilities).
- Professional skills• Proficiency in MS Office Suite • Experience with hotel operations software programs• Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks
- Personal skills• Highly organized and efficient • Pro-active and results driven • Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility• Leads by example and with integrity• Excellent communicator and team motivator• Business-like, socially engaged, passionate, expressive demonstrating a positive attitude