Emergency Room Registered Nurse PRN - #8482918
Jennie Stuart Health
To provide care to patients that present to the Emergency Department. Provide care to patients within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse as defined by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
- Completes nursing HX and assessment accurately with in expected time frames.
- Determines and delivers age appropriate care.
- Delegates duties based on complexity of patient needs.
- Utilization of critical thinking skills in prioritization of care.
- Develops and prioritizes individualized plan of care.
- Coordinates and collaborates plan of care with health care team.
- Incorporates discharge planning needs in plan of care.
- Documents interventions that are accurate, pertinent, timely, and legible.
- Administers medication observing the "5 rights".
- Administers medication correctly based on patient's age, and clinical condition.
- Performs skills and tasks required by unit expectations.
- Provides safe environment.
- Includes patient, caregivers, and disciplines in care, council and health teaching.
- Demonstrates correct use and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Evaluates the efficacy of plan of care.
- Modifies based on patient's current condition.
- Ability to supervise staff members who provide direct patient care.
- Provides health care at the best value without compromising patient care.
- Responsible and accountable for all actions.
- Accurately completes Triage assessment of patient and assigns appropriate acuity category.
- Completes all documents accurately in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Kentucky license or valid compact state license.
- BLS certification – American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or American Red Cross (Healthcare Provider) required, must be current.
- ACLS and PALS Certification preferred or within 90 days of employment or transfer to the department.
A minimum of one year work experience in an acute care setting preferred.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.