Conference Services Coordinator - #8404109
Georgia Southern University
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0240101 - Continuing Education Administration
Coordinate all aspects of conference planning services for internal and external clients, including but not limited to, call for proposals for speakers and presenters, recruiting and managing exhibitors, venue sourcing, developing budgets and contracts, handling registrations, meal and break planning, poster sessions, and working with the marketing team to brand and market each conference. The Coordinator will attend conference planning meetings and will work at the conference events.
- Serves as an important team member for conference services
- Reports directly to the Conference Services Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the mission of the Division and the University
- Assists Conference Services Manager to ensure all financial related documents are prepared and submitted pre conference for post conference processing
- Reconciles participation lists post conference
- Assists in creation and distribution of certificates
- Works with Digital Commons to open call for proposals
- Works with CE Marketing team to develop a registration portal, conference branding, conference program, and marketing campaigns
- Collects, organizes, and manages all presenter data pre and post conference
- Serves as a point of contact for presenters and exhibitors
- Submits CEU applications to applicable governing associations and submits CEU information when necessary upon completion of the event
- Attends and records minutes at client and conference committee meetings
- Is onsite working and troubleshooting issues for all conferences
- Bachelor's degree
- Two or more years of related work experience, including experience in planning and coordinating conferences
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master's degree
- Five or more years of related work experience, including experience in planning and coordinating conferences
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Exhibit excellent customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office applications, and Google docs
- Understanding of and willingness to follow University and Divisional policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Experience with assessment methods
- Experience with managing programs and conferences
- Extremely adept in administrative and organizational skills
- Skilled at internal and external client relations
- Excellent time and project management skills
Apply Before Date
December 10, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek occasionally extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Subject to long periods of sitting and keying data into a system
- Occasional travel is required
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University’s academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.