Administrative Assistant - #8342436
Higley Unified School District
- Support HUSD Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Arizona school laws, State Board of Education rules and regulations, directives from the Arizona Department of Education and school district policies and procedures for the purpose of communicating information to staff and parents.
- Answers phone and e-mail inquiries from staff, parents, and the public. Serves as the liaison between Administrator and these groups.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring Department budget, and entering purchase orders.
- Maintains Department website and resources posted on website.
- Runs reports from different software programs for monitoring and compliance purposes. Prepares reports as requested by Administrator or for State monitoring agencies from various data sources. May include data collection, review for completeness and accuracy, and data entry.
- Responsible for special projects which require planning, coordination of resources, and coordination of staff to complete.
- Special projects may include: coordinating districtwide testing of students
- Keeps full and accurate minutes of all committee/staff meetings.
- Perform internal audits of confidential records.
- Maintains a regular filing system, as well as locked confidential files, if needed, and processes incoming correspondence as instructed.
- Maintains a schedule of appointments and makes arrangements for conferences. Schedules special events and training.
- Assigns duties and supervises the work of clerical office personnel.
- Welcomes visitors and arranges for their comfort, and screens unexpected callers in accordance with pre-determined policy.
- Due to the nature of this position, and access to confidential information, it is absolutely mandatory that this position safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of the information stored and discussed in the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of at least an associates degree or comparable business experience, B.A. preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, E-mail)
- Ability and willingness to learn new software programs, such as student information systems, and State Department of Education systems.
- Possession of excellent customer service, organizational and office management skills with ability to juggle various tasks at one time multitask and be flexible while maintaining positive demeanor.
- Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working with constant interruptions and working with detailed information/data.
- Must maintain confidentiality of office business.
- Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes and operate various office equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to pass background and reference checking as stipulated by District standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to perform the following duties:
- Frequent communication with parents, students, and staff including the exchange of accurate information.
- Occasionally move about the inside of the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time either standing or sitting.
- Often raising objects from a lower to higher position, higher to lower position, or horizontally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to position body by bending body downward and forward by waist.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities including preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading
This is a 12 month position - 40 hours per week.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.