Cost Management Analyst - #8342088
Who We Are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and start their impossible with us
Who We're Looking For
Toyota's Accounting & Finance Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Cost Management Analyst.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support and leadership within A&F and TMMAL to improve efficiency and cost.
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting & Finance, the person in this role will support the Accounting & Finance department's objective to provide analysis and cost reduction initiatives to achieve cost targets.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop responsible departments operating budget strategies and processes.
- Manage and analyze department spending and communicate to department cost leads monthly and as needed.
- Develop and prepare monthly reporting for each responsible department.
- Visualize department cost reduction and budget versus actual each month.
- Create monthly re-forecasting of cost to support responsible departments.
- Work closely with department team members related to cost reduction activities.
- Support department cost reduction activities as needed.
- Lead Cost Reduction Investigations and Benchmark Activities
- Assist departments with other projects as needed.
- Practice Toyota TBP principles by completing panel and annual TBP demonstration.
- Practice JKK principles by ensuring quality in all A&F activities.
- Look for and implement kaizens (continuous improvement) whenever possible
- Assist departments with the creation of operating ringis (budget proposal)
- Assist departments with understanding cost conditions monthly.
- Create Reports to visualize Cost Activities
- Develop strategies and plans in order to achieve cost reduction targets in responsible shops.
- Support company incentives by participating in Quality Circles, Safety, and Quality Blitz, Diversity Activities, etc
- This position requires driving. A motor vehicle record that's acceptable by company standards is required for this position
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Quantitative field (Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering etc.)
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial principles (journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, budget to actuals)
- Equivalent professional work experience in a product costing environment
- Understanding of product costing activity and analysis
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot cost issues
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience in a role managing multiple tasks with hard deadlines
Added Bonus If You Have
- Advanced degree (MBA)
- Product costing in a manufacturing environment
- Experience creating a budget
- Accounting reconciliation experience
- Experience managing a long term project (6 months+)
What We'll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
Belonging At Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members' efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.