Manager, Business Development - #8317181
Manager, Business Development
The Defense Systems Engineering Group (SEG) provides full spectrum engineering and technical solutions across the life cycle of DoD military systems on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Areas of expertise include acquisition, systems engineering and integration, AI/big data applications, cyber, R&D, test and evaluation, C4ISR and sustainment engineering.
KBR is seeking a Manager of Business Development (BD) responsible for leading all aspects of capture primarily focusing on new business opportunities in support of the Defense Systems Engineering Group. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a BD pipeline by identifying and qualifying opportunities in the areas of engineering, test and evaluation, enterprise information technology and life cycle support within the DoD services market. Once an opportunity is qualified, this position is responsible for developing win themes and strategies, identifying and mitigating gaps, and developing a team to meet technical and contractual requirements. Candidates must have 12 years of relevant industry experience with 4 years or more of DoD contractor BD experience. This position requires the ability to work closely with other BD Managers, Operations Directors, line managers and the proposal center to support capture on bids from initial identification through proposal submittal and award.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively develop win, pricing, and proposal strategies as the BD member of the capture team.
- Lead and participate in fact-finding meetings, such as customer discussions; analyze and document the information and report findings to leadership and pursuit team(s)
- Plan, document, and manage capture efforts including identification of resources needed and briefing leadership in the review process
- Analyze client documents, such as Sources Sought, Request for Information and Requests for Proposal, to determine response requirements.
- Demonstrate the capability to manage multiple capture efforts in varying stages of development and possess an in-depth understanding of capture processes and procedures
- Write and edit content that showcases KBR capabilities, expertise, and successes. Writing may include white papers, management plans, technical content, and other proposal documents
- Identify the need and benefits of teaming partners, establish customer relationships, develop competitive intelligence, contribute to proposal product development, and support color team reviews and final proposal revisions.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in technical, business administration, English, or related field plus 12 years of related experience. The successful candidate will have experience identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and working with a business development and operational team through all phases of the capture process.
- Strong network of Navy clients including aviation, systems engineering, sustainment and defense modernization is required.
- Currently managing a large pipeline of Navy opportunities is highly preferred.
- Proven winning track record is required.
- Strong project management skills in team facilitation, as well as managing resources and schedules.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills including exceptional persuasive writing skills to craft a clear story.
- Strong repertoire of business development skills including capture management, proposal management and development, and writing and editing in proposal style.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities and assignments .
- Proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft 365 products including Office, Teams and SharePoint.
- Superior organization and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent business acumen skills.
Travel anticipated to be 25% of the successful candidate's schedule. Potential for remote work exists.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range: $134,200 - $201,400
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.