Director of Career Development - #8237968
The Director of Career Development provides coordination of the career development programming and services provided to both internal and external constituents.
Primary responsibilities include the creation and implementation of the UB Career Development strategic plan, provision of career counseling and job search advising to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students as well as direct oversight and guidance of graduate assistants and student employees working within Career Development.
- Development of Career Development Strategic plan focusing on continued growth of career readiness and student placement
- Evaluating virtual resources effectiveness, while expanding availability and accessibility of departmental resources/ services
- Collaborating with faculty to support career development related content in correlation with academic curriculum, including providing career development content for the First Year Studies
- Collaborating with faculty members to ensure a seamless, integrated approach to career development and experiential learning participation.
- Spearhead initiative to develop, implement, and evaluate career readiness and professional development related programming focused to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with a broad base of U.S. and international industry representatives, keeping abreast of employment trends, emerging fields and career reference/resource materials
- Developing office brand, while marketing office services to students, recent graduates, potential internship sponsors, and employers through presentations and promotional materials
- Guiding staff in advising students and recent graduates in all aspects of obtaining employment, including employer research; resume, portfolio and reel preparation; interviewing and presentation; employment etiquette; and business practices
- Overseeing all aspects of the internship/CPT program
- Recruiting, hiring and supervising student employees and Graduate Assistants
- Providing individual career counseling to undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- Advising students on all aspects of the graduate/professional school application process
- Assisting in full time job, internship, and co-op advising
- Partnering with other University departments on various committees and large-scale special events
- Guiding and collaborating with Assistant Director, Employer Relations to develop strategic employers partnerships
- Lead Career Development Steering Committee
- Supervising full-time staff professional staff in Career Development
- Providing assessment of Career Development Center
- Developing and maintaining placement tracking system for alumni
- Maintaining records on client services
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Student Personnel Services, or other appropriate field;
- 3-5 years professional experience in a college/university Career Services office or progressively responsible experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the required duties;
- Effective communication (oral and written), leadership skills, and excellent planning, organizational and execution skills;
- Supervisory and administrative experience, including hiring, directing and evaluating personnel;
- The ability to handle multiple responsibilities, varied and complex information and to work collaboratively with a variety of people both within and outside the institution;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing department and program budgets;
- Demonstrated professional and community involvement in the field;
- Effective use of technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Ability to solicit cooperation from persons and departments throughout the University;
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies required.
- Significant experience related to career assessment, planning and placement;
- Program assessment including conducting surveys and preparing statistical analyses and reports
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the Director of Career Development. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or shall hereafter establish.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.