Parent Partner/Peer Counselor - FT - Granite Falls - #8237958
PARENT PARTNER / PEER COUNSELOR - Full Time
Granite Falls, WA
Compass Health is currently looking for a Parent Partner / Peer Counselor to join the Children’s Intensive Services program in Granite Falls!
Children’s Intensive Outpatient Services supports children and their families in their community in a least restrictive environment using the Wraparound process. Wraparound works to honor the family voice and choice, identify strengths, build natural supports and foster self-sufficiency. Wraparound teams provide comprehensive behavioral health services and supports to Medicaid eligible individuals, up to 21 years of age, with complex behavioral health needs and their families. The goal of the program is for eligible youth to live and thrive in their homes and communities, as well as to avoid or reduce disruptive out-of-home placements. Assessment, treatment and support services are provided in the youth and family’s natural setting, where needs and challenges present themselves (such as the home, school and community). Families report excellent outcomes including, youth/family stability, increased support, connection to their community and hope for the future.
What you will be performing
We are looking for someone who can work as part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team to provide an individualized, creative, and strength-based approach within the wraparound model. This position will work to support youth and caregivers in order to maintain children in a least restrictive and community-based environment.
This position requires a flexible schedule with evening and weekend hours both in the office, in the client home, and in the community. Parent Partners serve the parents of clients by helping them engage and actively participate in the wraparound process. They also assist caregivers in navigating systems and developing skills to parent children with complex mental health needs. Parent Partners have their own life experience of parenting a child with behavioral health needs which helps them connect with and provide hope to other caregivers.
What you will be carrying along
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. AA or BA Degree in a related field preferred.
- Must be 19 years of age.
- Current Peer Counselor Certification required.
- Personal experience receiving community services as a consumer, and/or experience as a caregiver of a child as a consumer.
- Experience as a Peer Counselor preferred.
- Experience in medical, mental health or social services field preferred.
What you will be sharing
- Some knowledge of child development, behavior management and parenting techniques, and culturally diverse families.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of rehabilitation and recovery.
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and chemical dependency, and effective strategies for dealing with its effects.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to collaborate, provide peer support, and help facilitate services for families receiving high intensity services.
- Ability to partner with consumers, mental health professionals, and the community. Must be able to maintain professional boundaries.
- Ability to help parents voice their own perspective and represent a parent’s orientation and perspective in all internal and external agency activities.
- Demonstrated skills needed to build confidence with parents so they can be successful after services are completed, and to provide parent guidance/education as needed and as assigned.
- Ability to consult with Wraparound facilitator to determine role in performing welcome, engagement, and assessment activities when appropriate.
What we will be offering
As the region’s largest non-profit community behavioral healthcare organization, we have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years. Our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients though, as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement as well as a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
(benefits pro-rated for part time employees)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time employees
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 10 paid holidays – 8 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan the first year
- And much, much more!!!
Compass Health is the region’s largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health and chemical dependency services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative services to children, families and adults in a variety of outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance, which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs. Please visit our website for more information: www.compasshealth.org.
Compass Health promotes equal treatment and equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual minority status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification
Job Title: Parent Peer Counselor
Program: 600-57000–Children's Intensive Services Program
Location: Granite Falls
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $15.30 - $28.27/hour DOE
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.