Front Pharmacy Clerk - Costa Mesa, CA - #8237919
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
As a Front Pharmacy Clerk, you will perform various duties related to the creation/routing of pharmacy orders through receipt, review and verification of members'/patients' prescriptions. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
- Interpret providers' prescriptions and creates order as permitted by state regulation
- Enter data into the pharmacy system accurately
- Verify validity of prescriptions and document verification per company procedures
- Contact the physician's office to communicate clinical information when needed
- Contact members/patients to validate data
- Notify pharmacist of relevant clinical information gathered during calls to provider or patient
- Prepare and scan documents, verify member/patient data
- Assess, input and retrieve prescription, medical/lab and reimbursement information from computer system
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current and Unrestricted California Pharmacy Technician Trainee license
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- 2+ months of pharmacy experience (including externship experience)
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, trainee, pharmacy clerk, pharmacy technician license, pharmacy technician trainee, Costa Mesa, California, CA, #RPO
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.