Project Delivery Coordinator Group Leader - #8237854
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Support one of the largest and diverse technical solutions providers in the world and have a hand in laying the foundation for human progress. The Jacobs Northwest-North team has an exciting opportunity for a Project Delivery Coordinator (PDC) Group Leader that will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination for a team of PDC team members that support project teams and Project Managers on a range of assignments from complex design build, to traditional project delivery on transportation, rail, vertical/built environment, water, and environmental projects. Your strong organization skills and ability to communicate with staff at all levels – both orally and in writing will help us meet our clients' objectives.
Working with minimal supervision, you'll use creativity and latitude to multitask effectively, use independent judgment, and use your initiative to take on new tasks and challenges – while leading your team through assignments, workload management, and providing ongoing training and collaboration. Work is frequently complex, proprietary, and confidential, and requires strong administrative skills as well as excellent inter-personal and team communication skills.
In addition to serving as Group Leader, this role will also directly support projects at a target billability of 30-40%. This is a full-time position, and may require overtime (as needed, approved), and the role is based in Bellevue, WA but successful candidates may work remote or serve in hybrid capacity. In-person support for leadership meetings is anticipated to be < 10% time, and may require travel to Bellevue, WA.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other – and will support and use our Workforce Planning Tool. Join us and we we'll support you in developing your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Typical duties may include a combination of the following:
- Provide leadership and management to the PDC team, including workload forecasting to ensure individual members have appropriate level of work, and distribute workload as appropriate within the PDC team.
- Provide career development for PDC team, including evaluating skills and identifying opportunities for development and growth, including soliciting and providing feedback during annual reviews.
- Serve as hiring manager for new staff; develop onboarding and integration plans for new hires and provide regular check-ins for both new team members and existing team.
- Support the NW-North Operations Leader in performing special assignments and administrative duties, including but not limited supporting community outreach efforts, engaging with local offices to advance inclusion and diversity (I&D) efforts, preparing staffing reports, and other general administrative activities including drafting e-mail communications, supporting the preparation of leadership presentations, and meeting arrangements, facilitation, notes, and action item logs.
- Project related support, which will vary by assignment, but could include supporting project teams with workforce planning, maintaining and tracking databases, preparing reports, tracking construction related documents (RFIs and Shop Drawings), supporting the Project Manager in tracking budgets and preparing financial reports (as appropriate).
- General administrative support to project teams including supporting with expense statements, travel; meeting arrangements, notes, and setup/wrap up support; document editing and formatting; and follow up with project team members on meeting assignments/action items.
- File management: Implement and maintain file systems and specific documents/files related to project start-up, execution, and closeout (including archiving).
- Minimum of 8 years project delivery experience within an engineering, construction or related organization
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing staff with a variety of technical capabilities.
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, organizational and analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to work on a highly professional level with clients and internal team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of SharePoint and PowerPoint
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Project (scheduling) and Visio is preferred.
- Experience with Risk Management, Quality Management, Scheduling, and Document Controls is a plus.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.