Business Operations Manager - #8237816
Montana State University
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Operations Manager position oversees a variety of tasks including office operations, accounting, human resources, and payroll among others and effectively maintains working relationships and communicates regularly with other campus departments.
- Responsible for CPS fiscal operations by providing ongoing reports to the Director, forecasting, analyzing, and generating cost transfers between indexes for operations budget planning and salary planner.
- Gathers information from Banner and other records to analyze and interpret fiscal information in various formats to report to Director as well as others within University Health Partners.
- Serves as the contact person for hiring and payroll duties.
- Performs payroll reconciling and reports discrepancies to Payroll Services.
- Collect, code and route invoices and purchasing card receipts in coordination with the Agency Manager.
- Projects budget for upcoming year and makes recommendations to Director for future operational and staffing needs.
- Monitor all department indexes to ensure accuracy. Approve invoices for payment and advise on appropriate index coding for invoices and University Purchasing card transactions
- Maintains and generates employee personnel files.
- Understands and communicates department policies to students and staff members.
- Shares customer service duties with Medical Records Admin and has shared service responsibilities with the Medical Records Admin
- Efficiently acts as first point of contact for clients and assigns walk-in clients to counseling staff based on client urgency.
- Coordinates event planning, travel arrangements and generates proper authorization forms, compiles and submits travel requests and reimbursements.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Progressively responsible administrative/office management experience with an emphasis on fiscal management and customer service and/or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of budget creation, tracking, analysis, and reporting, as well as using spreadsheet (Excel), word processing, and email software.
- Experience and skill with basic accounting including accounts payable.
- Competence organizing and managing events, and/or prioritizing multiple work assignments, meeting deadlines, and exercising adaptability to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, effective, and professional attitude.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced skill and knowledge using Excel
- Experience working in a healthcare or mental health setting with awareness of confidentiality and privacy needs
- Demonstrated experience with complying with Higher Education budgetary processes, payroll processes and operating policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience managing campus pcard processes
The Successful Candidate Will
- Demonstrate competence with customer service skills in a fast-paced, busy environment with excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and follow through on tasks and projects in a highly demanding environment, with numerous interruptions and maintaining accurate results.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgement in applying policies and procedures while working with very minimal supervision.
- Understand and adhere to confidentiality of records and information for students and staff.
- Possess effective organization and time management skills.
- Work effectively with diverse and alternative perspectives of staff and students.
Position Special Requirements/Additional Information
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
This position has supervisory duties? No
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date Upon successful completion of a search
Position End Date (if temporary)
Applications will be:
Screening of applications will begin on September 29, 2021; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; email@example.com .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: http://www.montana.edu/hr/disability_accommodation/complaints_grievances.html .
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.