Crisis Clinician I - UPMC Altoona - #8237343
This is a UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital position based in Altoona, PA, reporting directly to the Crisis Program Coordinator. The program is part of the UPMC Western Behavioral Health Service Line. The full time Crisis Clinician I is responsible for triaging consumer mental health needs, determining appropriate level of care, and referring to treatment. Proper assessment and level of care decision skills are essential to this position. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, answering general information questions, obtaining clinical information, scheduling outpatient treatment, providing back up for telephone crisis contacts, and documentation of all duties previously mentioned. This job requires effective communication skills and working cooperatively with other staff and agencies.
- Manage a caseload for the shift
- Work efficiently and independently
- Complete telephone and face to face mental health assessments
- Obtain consumer clinical information via interview and record review
- Collaborate with consumer’s community and natural supports
- Provide support to consumers and facilitate appropriate referral services
- Collaborate with Crisis Clinician II for case consultations
- Meet documentation requirements and complete all paperwork in a timely manner
- Manage crisis situations effectively
- Complete case reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work with two years of clinical experience
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work.
Other fields of study may be considered with coursework of at least 12 credits in human services and/or relevant mental health experience.
- In-depth knowledge and proven skill at doing mental health assessments required.
- Excellent recovery-oriented interpersonal relations required
- Experience in mental health intakes, case management, or crisis intervention preferred.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and Co-Occurring disorders preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.