Software Engineer C++ - #8237168
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
About the Role
The Software Development Engineer researches, designs, and develops product features, tools, and applications used for enhancing BT's software. A Software Development Engineer must display self-motivation and the ability to research new product and development trends, respond with innovation to new technological problems and new product possibilities.
- Scope assigned project/tasks and provide accurate time estimates.
- Responsible for researching, designing, prototyping, documenting specifications, implementing, and testing all developed software in the scope of the product.
- Convert specifications into requirements, design, and proposed solution(s).
- Systematically identify and define problems, evaluate all possible solutions, and implement effective solutions.
- Review code changes from other team members and provide meaningful feedback.
- Work with Quality Assurance personnel in creating all test cases and documentation for the assigned projects/tasks.
- Communicate problems, risks, or issues with peers and manager.
- Provide thorough documentation for all development work.
- Interacting with technical support and possibly customers in trouble-shooting issues and resolving the respective issues.
- Additional duties as directed by supervisor
- 3 to 5 years software development experience in C++.
- Proficient with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of server-side and client-side application development.
- Strong understanding of multithreaded application development is required.
- Experience in a research position is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Unix, Linux, Windows and Mac OS experience preferred
- Software development experience in PHP, Typescript, and Angular is a plus.
- Qt experience is a plus
A Note on Covid-19
It's paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.