Vet Hospital Client Specialist - Full Time - #8235346
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it's attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals' basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.
Our obsession with delivering the very best experiences for pets and their parents guides all we do. From our convenient, affordable pet salon services to our extensive array of training classes and workshops, we always make sure to keep our commitment to healthy, happy pets front and center.
The purpose of this position inherently involves providing excellent customer care to our hospital clients. The Vet Hospital Client Specialist represents the Petco mission and values to all clients, and is typically the first person a client, who may be upset or worried about their pet, encounters when entering our hospital. The Concierge is responsible, like all team members, for fostering cohesion and motivation within the team.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assume primary responsibility for answering the practice phone and routing calls appropriately. Assume secondary responsibility for answering calls directed towards the housecall practice.
- Schedule appointments when necessary from callers or visitors to the practice.
- Greet all visitors to the practice; greet clients and patients by name as they arrive for appointments and notify technical staff when they arrive. Monitor wait times and make accommodations as necessary during peak/busy times, or when medical staff is dealing with an emergency situation.
- Participate in the training of new staff members and general dissemination of knowledge as required.
- Ensure that the waiting area is consistently cleaned (including using special disinfectants in the case of the presence of suspected contagious disease) and well-stocked with appropriate materials.
- Serve as main social media conduit for the practice, taking photographs and posting according to pre-established practice guidelines
- Confirm all appointments by client's preferred communication method (phone, email, text) the prior day, and make necessary adjustments.
- Possess basic understanding of practice logistical specifics in order to provide backup support to technical staff when rooms need to be loaded or patients need to be discharged and primary staff members are otherwise occupied.
This position has no immediate supervisory duties.
The majority of job duties are conducted in the Veterinary Hospital. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner's time will be spent in direct contact with clients and their pets.
High school diploma is a requirement.
Must have at least 1 year previous experience or working in a veterinary practice or a customer-facing role in another organization.
Must be friendly, outgoing, "people oriented", and have a sense of humor
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be compassionate and sympathetic, and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations
Must have exceptional telephone and computer skills
Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments, offer creative ideas, and accept change
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.