Mechanical Test Technician STO - #8234542
This posting is for Mechanical Test personnel in the Quonset Point Test Organization (Dept 972).
- STO Mechanical Test Techs perform hydrostatic and other acceptance testing, including the operation of pumps, installation of hoses, tubing, piping and other test components. This work will be performed on board submarines under construction. Work requires heavy lifting, pulling, ladder climbing and working in confined spaces
- Will work in accordance to procedures and various manuals. Must be able to understand mechanical system drawings and diagrams.
- Mechanical Test Techs must demonstrate competency in understanding Electric Boat Procedures and test forms. The ability to determine technical testing requirements from piping and mechanical drawings is essential
- Must understand and have the ability to use various hand, air and electrically operated pumps and shop equipment
This position is located at the North Kingstown, RI location.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical diagnostics, test & repair or HVAC OR Plumbing/Pipefitting
- Proficiency in reading, understanding, and working from mechanical system diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Strong math skills, to include percentages, decimals, and division
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces and extreme temperature conditions as required
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Must possess strong computer skills
- Individuals may be required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance through the department of defense
- Navy Nuclear Machinist Mate or Auxiliary training highly desired
- Prior US Navy and/or shipboard testing experience is highly desired
- Additional preference given for related military training; Vocational, Technical, Community College or appropriate Apprenticeship programs
- Experience with log out /tag out
- Must possess communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicant will be required to work in a collaborative team environment and meet organizational goals
Climbing, Color Vision, Crawling, Kneeling, Light Lifting, Medium Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Stooping, Twisting
Acids or Alkalis, Cold, Dry, Dusty, Fumes, Hot, Inside, Noise, Oily, Outside, Wet
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.