Accounting Supervisor - #8233235
Timber Products Company
Responsible for supervising accounting staff, credit and collections, performing accounting and control functions, account reconciliation, and financial analysis.
- Supervise accounting staff in invoicing, cash application and daily banking, inventory and payables processing.
- Coordinate Certificate of Insurance requests and delivery to customers.
- Manage and enforce the Company’s Credit and Collections policies – working with Corporate Credit, Operations and our Customers as needed. Perform Credit inquiries on new and update existing customers. Provide weekly updates on aged receivables.
- Review payments to ensure accuracy and that appropriate approvals have been obtained.
- Complete month end closing including reconciliation of accounts, preparation of accruals and adjustments, and financial reports and schedules. Monthly financial analysis under the direction of the Controller.
- Manage Corporate P-Card program including monthly uploads, expense review and reporting.
- Assist the Controller in preparation of the annual profit plan.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end work for external auditors.
- Assist with implementation of accounting systems and accounting policies and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Support and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounting or related field.
- Credit and Collections experience preferred.
- 2+ year’s supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with fully integrated ERP system required.Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations