Technical Manager of Problem Management - #8116610
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
***This position can be REMOTE***
The purpose of this position is to provide a high-quality support service to Allscripts clients across product line(s) and/or businesses through a team of well-trained and effective support analysts to help build, maintain, and improve customer satisfaction to a level that the customer will act as a sales reference site.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in planning and organizing customer support activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages and directs the activities of the customer support staff.
- Ensures subordinates receive adequate training to perform duties and responsibilities effectively.
- Responsible for hiring, training, rewarding and disciplining subordinates.
- Interprets and administers company policy for team members.
- Monitors support metrics and adjust priorities as appropriate.
- Responds to escalated customer issues and resolves in a timely manner.
- Communicates critical customer issues, metrics and known issues to senior management in a timely manner.
- Timely report outs of exec summaries/presentations with focus on content appropriate for the audience.
- Proactive mindset with timely exec reachouts.
- May perform responsibilities of subordinates in their absence.
- Works with leads to ensure staffing is adequate to handle call volume.
- Focal point for all Support activities of the assigned Allscripts products, territories, and/or accounts, regardless of business ownership.
- Ensure common customer metrics are maintained and monitored (example: SLA/PSP) and report monthly to identify potentially dissatisfied customers.
- Visiting customer sites and User groups to continually keep abreast of views on customer satisfaction with Allscripts support services.
- Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, service-oriented image among Manages customer expectations regarding resolution of their service issues.
- Generates new and improved procedures to improve customer service and customer expectations. Identifying weaknesses and opportunities to improve the Allscripts Support service operation, create and be part of, or lead, project team to deliver improvements.
- Helps analyze feedback from customer loyalty surveys and take appropriate actions for resolution.
- In conjunction with Regional Support Managers, Regional Service Managers and Development Managers, develop and improve standard Operational Level Agreements for new and existing vendor/supplier relationships to improve service levels.
- Improves productivity of global/regional support through process improvement, training and talent management.
- Works with development to ensure that fixes are delivered to clients on schedule and adhere as closely as possible to the current service level standard.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the team's and/or product business continuity plan to ensure continuity of support at all times.
- Ensure accurate information is provided to the Development team to allow them to correct the software without having to refer to the originating customer.
- Ensure regular up-to-date accurate information is recorded in the call logging system (e.g. com) so that customers can see progress on the support cases.
- Looks to assist in identifying Professional Services or Product Sales opportunities arising from customer Ensures that these are passed on to the appropriate groups for action to drive increased revenue.
- Leads strategic initiatives with Management to improve team effectiveness and efficiencies to drive business cost saving
- Leads architecture, documentation, and review of business process, and technology and product design.
- Ensures that the problem management information is complete and reflects accurate errors, descriptions, and accountability in the system
- Identify and recruit internal/external talents to ensure effective mix of competencies.
- Induct new joiners to quickly maximize performance.
- Set and communicate team/individual objectives and KPI to inspire individuals to achieve high performance.
- Allocate workload to fully utilize every employee's talent.
- Implement development plans and coach for individuals to reach their maximum talent.
- Provide regular constructive feedback on performance/development and address poor/mediocre performance on a timely manner.
- Recognize high performers to maintain motivation and retain key talent.
- Regularly communicate on company news and team progress against business plan.
- Create team spirit.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Baccalaureate or Graduate degrees in Business, Finance or Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Strong customer support skills with demonstrated ability effectively dealing with escalated customer concerns.
- Demonstrated success managing and developing non-exempt level.
- High level of verbal, written, and presentation skillset.
- Minimum 8 years helpdesk or overall support experience in at least one of the assigned products with 5 years successful experience of managing or working within a helpdesk or product support environment; or
- Minimum 8 years' experience in developing, supporting, or using healthcare software with 2+ years relevant working experience in a healthcare organization.
- Certifications in ITIL Foundations and Azure Fundamentals.
- Able and willing to travel as required, internationally on short-term basis.
- Remote or Primarily works in standard office environment within standard working hours.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position
Thank you for reviewing this Allscripts opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, scroll on down and tell us more about yourself!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.