HCBS Aide - Greene/Bainbridge/Afton - #8116591
Springbrook NY Inc
HCBS Aide - Greene/Bainbridge/Afton
Afton, NY 13730, USA Bainbridge, NY 13733, USA Greene, NY 13778, USA Req #42
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Springbrook requires new employees to have the COVID vaccine. Springbrook will provide Covid-19 vaccine to all new hires if not already vaccinated.
Respite - a service to provide relief care to the family or caregiver and support to the participant.
Community Habilitation – a service that allows the participant to engage in skill building in their own home and/or the community.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
With coordinator, meet participant and their family at an initial home visit.
Read participant’s Individualized Service Plan, Community Habilitation Plan, Day Habilitation Plan, Participant Protection Guidelines and/or IPOP to gain a better understanding of the participant’s condition and needs
- Initiate and supervise activities with the participant in accordance to their habilitation plan and input from the participant, their primary caregiver and other team members. Encourage appropriate, stimulating, and productive activities
- Guide participants in the areas stated in their habilitation plans. For example, goals relating to: personal care, social skills, household chores, community integration, budgeting money, keeping appointments, cooking skills, etc. Encourage individuals to develop to their fullest potential at all times.
At all times assure the safety and wellbeing of each participant. Be sure that each participant is supervised according to their individual need as described in their Participant Protective Guidelines or IPOP
- Serve as a role model to the participant by demonstrating positive examples in dress, communication, social behaviors, and healthy decision making.
Learn and be able to communicate with the participant (through facilitated communication, sign language, communication book, or other communication devices)
- Respect each participant’s choices and needs.
Communicate with the individual’s primary caregiver to receive any pertinent information and/or special instructions. Also, keep them informed about the activities the individual participates in
- After a shift, ensure the same cleanliness of the participant’s home as before the shift started.
Maintain positive relationships with the participant, members of their family and other staff. If a conflict arises, contact your supervisor.
Accept and apply constructive criticism from both the participant, their family, and your supervisor.
Stay in contact with supervisor to discuss any pertinent issues
- Immediately report any incidents of abuse, neglect or other reportable incidents to supervisor or Administrator on call.
Use Springbrook email frequently to communicate with supervisor
- Attend all Springbrook required trainings (orientation and yearly re-certifications). Many are completed online
- Learn, understand, and abide by all Springbrook policies and procedures.
Demonstrate knowledge of emergency and disaster procedures.
Service delivery documentation record timesheets, mileage and expense reimbursement forms, and Precision Care data entry are to be completed on a daily basis and submitted weekly.
Document activities, goal work and other pertinent information in Precision Care data
collection (for Community and Day Habilitation services only) as required by Medicaid.
Adhere to schedule determined by participant, family and HCBS aide. Be prompt and report major schedule changes to participant, family and supervisor.
If you cannot make a shift, call the participant/family as soon as possible. If you cannot reach them, leave a message. Then call your supervisor and leave a message if they are unavailable. Continue trying to contact the family and your supervisor.
In accordance with Springbrook policy, before resigning work with a participant or Springbrook entirely, two week’s written notice must be given to the participant, their family and Springbrook. All materials (binder, paperwork, plans, etc.) must be returned to Springbrook.
Perform other related duties deemed necessary and assigned by supervisor.
All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
Springbrook is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Springbrook to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, age, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, traits historically associated with race and/or any other status or characteristic protected by law
- Pay Type
- Required Education
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.