Community Engagement Manager - #8116526
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our six international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
JDRF’s Greater Delaware Valley Chapter plays a vital role in the organization’s success. The Greater Delaware Valley Chapter is the founding chapter of JDRF and includes a staff team of nine (9), a Chapter Board of Directors, market-based Mission Boards, as well as leadership volunteers who are actively engaged and passionate supporters of JDRF across the Chapter territory, which includes Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Community Engagement Manager will be a dynamic leader within the chapter that will organize, develop, implement and expand the community Outreach Program for the Chapter, and will help expand Chapter fundraising results by building stronger and enhanced relationships with the local type 1 community.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement core Community Engagement Program components in the Chapter to include T1D Connections Program and Bag of Hope and care kit distribution and reporting.
- Manage the planning and execution of the TypeOneNation (TON) Summit, the Chapter’s largest educational and programmatic event, in accordance with National guidelines. Will include leadership of TON Volunteer Committee, volunteer recruitment and management/development of robust programming, recruitment of qualified and engaging speakers and development of programming for youth attendees.
- Ideate and execute Community Engagement events to provide support and/or education to the chapter community. Leverage survey feedback/community input to guide direction of plans.
- May manage and develop the Youth Ambassador program, designed to build leadership opportunities for our youngest advocates, to fit the needs of the Chapter. Enhance and refine the engagement opportunities for Youth Ambassadors throughout the year and serve as a main point of contact for Youth Ambassador families. Coordinate Youth Ambassador activation at core fundraising programs. Specific duties to be determined based on Chapter program and priorities.
- Engage newly diagnosed families and individuals, T1D community members, healthcare providers and other stakeholders in chapter programs and activities to support and drive the JDRF mission.
- Co-host, along with volunteer partners, monthly or bi-monthly virtual meet up opportunities for newly diagnosed families and adults living with T1D.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement peers across the organization for idea sharing and learning, and participate in National Community Engagement meetings, trainings and working groups.
- May support JDRF's advocacy initiative and local advocacy volunteer efforts at the Chapter level.
- Develop and build relationships with key diabetes healthcare professionals and diabetes industry representatives in the chapter, to market the JDRF Community Engagement Program, disseminate resources and support Chapter fundraising programs.
- Work with Chapter staff to identify, solicit, recruit and develop volunteers for leadership and support roles in implementing JDRF Outreach Programs.
- Develop and manage Chapter Community Engagement communication, such as engagement plans, volunteer updates, newsletter content and social media. Plan and coordinate Community Engagement materials for activities such as committee meetings, healthcare provider meetings, networking/support group meet-ups, etc.
- Collaborate with the Chapter Walk team to support new family team recruitment through relationship development with newly diagnosed families. Partner with Chapter staff to ensure an impactful experience for all new family teams at One Walk, including identification of success metrics such as revenue and percentage growth of new family teams. Work in conjunction with Chapter Development staff to develop fundraising pipeline by introducing newly diagnosed families to the JDRF Mission, supporting engagement opportunities and identifying donor prospects. Manage portfolio of new family Walk teams, including fundraising revenue goals and team retention.
- Work within Chapter budget to ensure that the Chapter is fiscally responsible, and surface and apply for local grant resources to fund Community Engagement projects.
- Manage and oversee accurate recording of information in CRM and adoption of established processes.
- Interface and serve as a liaison for all levels of Community Engagement staff and volunteers. Manage volunteer relationships to uphold JDRF strategic priorities and messaging. Maintain steady communication between JDRF International departments related to and including Community Engagement and Strategic Alliances, Development, Advocacy, Field Operations, Corporate Development
- Assist in evaluating Chapter activities on a regular basis and seek ways to improve Chapter performance and fundraising success. Assist in the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, and tasks as assigned.
- Respond to and follow through with inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintain a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics.
- 5 years of relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising activities and organizing community initiatives.
- Volunteer management experience
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources, planning, and resource allocation.
- Proficient with MS Office and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop and maintain positive and effective relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful. Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by September 7, 2021. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.