Patient Services Specialist /Medical Assistant - Mesquite - #8013859
P3 Health Group Management, LLC
Patient Services Specialist/Medical Assistant
People. Passion. Purpose. At P3 Health Partners, our promise is to guide our communities to better health, unburden clinicians, align incentives and engage patients. We are a physician-led organization relentless in our mission to overcome all obstacles by positively disrupting the business of health care, transforming it from sickness care into wellness guidance. We are looking for a Patient Services Services/Medical Assistant (PSS/MA). If you are passionate about your work; eager to have fun; and motivated to be part of a fast-growing organization in Mesquite, Nevada, then you should consider joining our team.
Overall Purpose: The PSS/MA is responsible for clinical and administrative tasks within their scope of practice. The Certified Medical Assistant follows standard operating procedures that support achieving the Quadruple Aim: improved outcomes, improved patient experience, improved clinician experience and decreased cost of care.
The PSS/MA fulfills a key patient facing role in P3’s team approach to care delivery.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Completion of Medical Assistant course of study, or equivalent experience
- Current medical assistant certification from an accredited organization (i.e. CMA, RMA, NCMA)
- 2+ years clinical experience, including minimum 2 years in a managed care/HMO organization
- Experience applying medical management treatment guidelines and nationally recognized criteria, such as InterQual / McKesson, MCG, or other practical management guidelines required
- Familiarity with EMR’s
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Friendly and compassionate disposition
- Proficiency with computer, software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel) and internet required
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records
Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of vital signs and other clinical skills to obtain and maintain employment
- Promote the mission, vision and values of P3 Health Partners
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit
- Checking in patient and verifying demographics
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary; reconcile medications; address gaps in care
- Performs various procedures (i.e. venipuncture, ear lavage, medication administration) and specimen handling.
- Perform administrative duties such as chart preparation, answering phones, form completion, scheduling appointments, process direct referrals and schedules follow-up appointments
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Current CPR and OLA are required for employment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At P3, we recognize and appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which all team members feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table
Every P3 family member's unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints are valued and support our ability to deliver the best possible experience for our patients, providers, payers, partners, and each other
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.