ATAW99-2021-00955-Chronic Disease Prevention Specialist-Cheyenne - #8013147
State of Wyoming
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Chronic Disease Prevention Program (CDPP) is seeking an individual for the Chronic Disease Prevention Specialist position. The person in this position performs various tasks associated with the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease from a statewide systems-level focus (i.e., no direct patient care or interaction). This position is responsible for providing technical assistance with program interventions, enhancing provider and clinical connections, providing program planning support, and performing other duties under the supervision of the Chronic Disease Prevention Program Manager.
Human Resource Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Educate potential providers about the development and benefits of Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME), Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP), and Self-Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring Programs (SMBP).
- Identify and communicate with organizations and providers about assistance and barriers.
- Seek technical assistance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other states, and in-state partners.
- Develop training materials to educate providers around the state.
- Develop effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Monitor and provide technical assistance to contractors.
- Engage with contractors regarding telehealth implementation, electronic health record optimization and clinical innovations, team-based care, utilization of healthcare extenders, and community-based lifestyle change.
- Assist with Diabetes Prevention Action Council (DPAC) quarterly meetings.
- Assist in data collection and interpretation regarding rates of chronic disease in Wyoming from various sources, including BRFSS, YRBS, Medicaid, and Hospital Discharge Data.
- Assist program manager with media campaigns related to program content areas.
- Engage in consistent quality improvement, including monitoring and evaluating program services compared to comparable services nationwide.
- Consistently improve and maintain program website to accurately represent program interventions, rates and burden of chronic disease in Wyoming, and available resources for patients and providers.
- Keep the CDC and program management appropriately apprised of all developments in the field, as well as any points of intervention or technical assistance needed.
- As appropriate, participate on committees within the Wyoming Department of Health and community groups in the state and nationally to maintain the visibility of the CDPP, learn from partners, and leverage resources and partnerships.
Preference may be given to applicants with a Bachelor's degree in public health, community health, nursing, education, health education, psychology/social science or services, or a related field with 1-3 years of progressive work experience as a program specialist.
- Knowledge of public health and prevention, including the application of the public health model, the design and implementation of evidence-based programs and best practices for chronic disease prevention, and the use of data as applied to chronic disease prevention and policy development.
- Knowledge of building and maintaining partnerships among diverse coalitions and stakeholder groups at the state and community level.
- Knowledge of public health core competencies.
- Knowledge of chronic disease, specifically in type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and risk factors.
- Knowledge of social and behavioral theories related to public health intervention and health behavior change.
- Skilled in developing and implementing strategies for achieving environmental change at a systems level.
- Skilled in technical writing as applied to various media, including preparing reports, promotional, educational, and informational materials to a wide range of audiences.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Google Sites, and Google Calendar.
- Knowledge of customer service, group dynamics, public relations, advocacy, and outreach strategies.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated competence inefficient organization, management of multiple responsibilities in a time-sensitive environment, and close attention to detail.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position may involve occasional in-state travel to conferences and workshops.
- FLSA: Non-exempt.
048-Wyoming Department of Health - Public Health-Preventive Health & Safety - Chronic Disease Prevention
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
The Wyoming Department of Health is an E-Verify employer.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.