Security Technician - Overnight - #8009907
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies
Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity to join a well-established fast-growing and transformational community service organization. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies (VOANR) is one of the largest geographically chartered affiliates of a national confederation of 33 VOA chapters whose history dates back more than 110 years and which engages more than 100,000 volunteers nation-wide. With over 400 employees and an operating budget more than $40 million, VOANR is deeply connected to its local communities and committed to serving those in need by providing life-changing services to society's most vulnerable people
Bona Fide Occupational Qualification: Due to program and contractual requirements, this position requires a male for this position.
The Security Tech monitors residents who are under Department of Corrections (DOC) and Bureau of Prisons (BOP) jurisdiction both inside the facility and in the community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure residents comply with the Department of Corrections (DOC), Bureau of Prisons (BOP), and Volunteers of America policy
- The complete intake process for new residents
- Monitor and document resident program compliance both inside the facility and in the community
- Conduct contraband searches on residents, dorms, and vehicles
- Monitor resident phone calls
- Perform resident drug testing
- Monitor resident visits with approved visitors
- Document incidents and submit timely reports
- Monitor resident medication
- Conduct inspection rounds of the facility to perform headcount, observe resident behavior, and ensure the facility is clean and hazard free
- Transport residents to work and programming
- Effective communicator; assertive when necessary
- Respectful and professional with all residents
- Ability to deal with confrontation in a calm and positive manner
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritize tasks
- Organized and able to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with our Cultural Values
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a residential community corrections facility. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a copier, fax machine, and computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and have close contact with residents while searching their person. This would require the ability to bend or stoop as necessary. This position must be mobile throughout the facility, as well as work on a computer for periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position dependent on the position hired for in a 24/7 facility. Days and hours of work vary according to what is needed.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- High School education or equivalent
- Proficient with a computer and working with software including Microsoft office
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive a 15-passenger transportation van
- Must be able to pass a background check with the Wyoming Department of Corrections and Bureau of Prisons
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year of work experience in a residential setting or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.