BARD06-2021-00939-Records & Data Management Clerk II-Rawlins - #8008602
State of Wyoming
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position works in the inmate records department at the Wyoming State Penitentiary. The Records Clerk maintains inmate records, calculates "good time" for release dates on inmates, explains sentence structure to inmates, and provides support to the Records Manager.
Human Resource Contact: Alanna Akersalanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Calculates parole and release dates for inmates as structured by the Court judgment.
- Analyzes operating practices and procedures, preparing, certifying, and structuring information.
- Fulfills internal and external data requests.
- Assists in the coordination of agency data collection activities.
- Performs various tasks associated with managing, implementing, evaluating, and retaining a large and complex records system.
- Gives technical assistance, advice, and information to agency personnel, inmates, the public, and state and federal agencies regarding governmental and confidential records and data.
- Uses judgment and relies upon considerable knowledge of the subject material.
- Searches for and retrieves information from files and responds to informational requests.
- Consults manual of policy and procedure to ensure that actions to be taken complying with laws or rules.
- Gives and receives information requiring some judgment or discretion regarding the work unit's current and specific business by telephone or direct personal contact.
- Provides access in the timeliest manner at the least cost and ensures final disposition for those records that have met their legally approved life cycle.
- Informs and educates constituents of records and information management needs.
Preference may be given to applicants with two years of records and document management experience and strong skills in simple mathematic principles.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of archival science.
- Knowledge of governmental records systems.
- Knowledge of Records and Information Management (RIM) and archival science practices, principles, and practices.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Records or Data Management)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Records and Data Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Records & Data Management Clerk
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
3-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Records and Data Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Records & Data Management Clerk
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to stand to perform filing for up to eight (8) hours
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- This position must pass a background/reference check.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug-Free Workplace. Per WDOC policy, all staff is subject to drug testing while employed by WDOC. Successful applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check and drug screen prior to appointment.
- WDOC is a Tobacco-Free workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing, or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
- WDOC has a strict dress code policy to include standards for facial hair, body art, and piercings/gauges. All applicants must meet the standards of this dress code to be considered for employment.
- The Wyoming Department of Correction is in compliance with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003. It is the policy and practice of WDOC to protect inmates/offenders from personal abuse, corporal punishment, personal injury, disease, property damage and harassment, and the elimination of prison rape.
- WDOC offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacations and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, Wyoming State Retirement and 457 deferred compensation program, longevity pay, and opportunities for advancement. Please visit our website at http://doc.state.wy.us/xqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
080-Department of Corrections - Prisons - Wyoming State Penitentiary
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.