Assistant Clinical Manager - #7935956
Department of Veterans Affairs
Boise VAMC (BVAMC) is an interdisciplinary teaching facility with service-lines serving medical, surgical, inpatients and outpatients, with an Emergency Department, and multiple community-based outpatient clinics (CBOC). There is a large outpatient psychiatric population, with admissions for medical co-morbidities. Home-Based Primary Care is provided in the veteran's home.
Learn more about this agency
The Assistant Clinic Manager is a registered professional nurse who is accountable to the Nurse Clinic Manager in the Primary Care, Specialty Clinic or Outpatient area(s) of the Boise VA Medical Center, Boise, Idaho. This position provides support for the Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Twin Falls, Mountain Home, Salmon, Caldwell and Easter Oregon Clinic in Hines, Oregon.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Collaborates with the Nurse Clinic Manager.
Functions as a supervisor and assumes accountability for the operation of a designated clinic or outpatient area unit.
Provide management, supervision and evaluation of care delivered by nursing and other allied health care staff.
Responsible for contributing to the establishment and implementation of evidenced-based nursing standards of practice.
Collaborates with the Nurse Clinic Manger to create a positive work environment which enhances care delivery and professional development of clinically competent staff.
Promotes, creates, demonstrates and ensures a culturally diverse workforce in which the values and needs of all individuals are respected.
Demonstrates a high level of clinical expertise, leadership, and creative approaches to management of complex care.
Applies skills necessary to identify, coordinate, and/or identify discipline- specific education, as well as training in leadership, professional staff development and emerging needs, to all levels of staff.
Provides oversight for the administration of leave, counseling and disciplinary actions in collaboration with the Nurse Clinic Manager.
Acts as the Nurse Clinic Manger during times of Clinic Manager absences.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Job family (Series)
- Community Health Education Coordinators
Coordinators, Community Health Education
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: This position requires heavy lifting (45 pounds and over); moderate lifting (15-44 pounds); light lifting (under 15 pounds); heavy carrying (45 pounds and over); moderate carrying (15-44 pounds); light carrying (under 15 pounds); straight pulling; pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking; standing; crawling; kneeling; repeated bending; climbing (leg only); climbing (use of legs and arms); near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; and hearing (aid may be permitted).
Environmental Factors: Solvents (degreasing agents); slippery or uneven walking surfaces; working around machinery with moving parts; working around moving objects or vehicles; working with hands in water; working closely with others; working alone; and protracted or irregular hours of work.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/xqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.