On-Call Peer Support Specialist - #7935904
Discovery Behavioral Health
Casa Palmera is a nationally recognized subacute residential treatment center in San Diego, California offering drug rehabilitation, treatment for alcohol addiction as well as treatment for mood disorders and anxiety and trauma disorders. Casa Palmera is staffed with a diverse team of psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists who work together to help each patient move forward within a caring community.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
As our Peer Support Specialist, you will assist the Clinical Department in milieu and crisis management. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse in the day-to-day recording and charting of medical or administrative information to ensure that our medical records are maintained in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Record medical and administrative information in accordance with our established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Assist in recording appropriate patient identification data on designated medical records as required.
- Ensure patient compliance with the Daily Schedule and on-time attendance and adherence to allocated rooms.
- Communicate schedule and room changes to the Scheduler and Accountant so insurance can be updated appropriately.
- Lead the Community Meeting for patients in the morning.
- Answer telephone, side entrance door, deliver messages to patients, etc., as necessary.
- Monitor completion and timeliness of the self-assessment forms during the admission process and score PAI, EDI and any other assessments introduced at the facility.
- Help to admit, transfer and discharge patients.
This is an on-call position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to health care facilities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/