Research Associate I, Analytical Development (Reagents) - #7935897
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to perform laboratory management duties, as well as help develop, test and validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate in the Technology Development team, you will work with our laboratory manager to maintain laboratory equipment as our laboratory scales. Moreover, you will collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development and clinical operations to perform NGS experiments. You will be hands-on in the lab, participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, and transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will participate in teams supporting the maintenance of IVD and LDT products and ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with applicable regulatory and quality practices (FDA, ISO13485). An ideal candidate would have some level of knowledge with NGS assay development and good documentation practice (GDP).
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques, with preferred experience in the areas of sample preparation for NGS
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document and communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models and experimental tests for those models, and synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Curiosity and drive
- BSc. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Willing to do manual, repetitive lab work is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of GDP
- Hands-on experience in running NGS sequencing platforms and assays
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction and sample preparation
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.