Part-time Produce Sales Associate - Hannaford - #7935730
Job Title: Produce Sales Associate
Department: Produce Department
Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level. Demonstrate a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet and assist customers with locating and selecting products.
- Perform assigned stocking, culling, and rotation procedures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepare (trim, crisp, package, scale, etc.) all products according to established standards and quality goals.
- Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
- Achieve productivity standards as outlined in Management Planning.
- Develop product knowledge in various areas of the department.
- Share recognition of accomplishments and reflect the key behaviors; Be There, Make It Easy and Add Something To Their Day, and Be the Difference.
- Assist in training other associates and perform other functions as assigned.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Must meet minimum age requirements.
Lift up to 50 lb. at least 80% of the time and 75 lb. on occasion.
Reach to shoulder level or above on occasion while lifting 30 lbs.
Stand and walk 100% of the time.
Meet volume activity standards established for the department.
Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting produce items at or above waist level.
Use hands to feel objects; use tools to open boxes/cases or to prepare and clean produce.
Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
- Tolerate working in cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.