DSHS Lakeland Village Nursing Assistant Certified - #7935600
State of Washington
Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC or CNA) - Attendant Counselor
Work that is rewarding. To make a difference in someone's life. A career path. When you think about what inspired you to become a Nursing Assistant, what comes to mind? Working for Lakeland Village Residential Habilitation Center you'll find your peers are driven with your same goals, all focused on our mission to Transform Lives with the Department of Social and Health Services.
Serving as an advocate, companion, and mentor assisting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, our Nursing Assistants enjoy meaningful careers nurturing our residents to lead productive lives in our Nursing Facility.
What makes us an employer of choice for NAC/CNAs?
- 1 to 4 staff to resident ratio to foster better relationships with our residents
- A four-week new employee orientation that is focused on supporting your success
- Outstanding benefits including medical, dental, and retirement
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- Shift premium and/or overtime pay
- A community-driven campus with a culture of collaboration
- Ability to pursue education opportunities
- We are growing and expanding our program
Some of what you'll do:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of those you support
- Transfer, reposition, and move residents utilizing state of the art equipment and team members
- Perform vital sign checks
- Collaborate and provide input as a member of an interdisciplinary team, including developing, documenting, reporting, and carrying out programs
- Actively engaging residents in all formal and informal training opportunities to promote skill maintenance
What our residents depend on from you:
- Team player
- Great communication
- Encouraging and engaging
Who should apply? Professionals with:
- A High School Diploma or GED or one year of experience working with people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) for the state of Washington or certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant from another state.
Don't have a current NAC? Check out our Direct Care Provider jobs HERE.
What can you expect for the next steps in joining our team at Lakeland Village:
After you apply, we contact you via email or phone to schedule a time for an interview with our team. As part of the next steps, we will be connecting with your references, so it's important that you give them a heads up. Throughout the process, we will share additional information regarding the job, Lakeland Village, and the shifts we have available to help make sure this is a great fit. To ensure you don't miss anything, especially any emails or paperwork we need you to complete, we recommend that you double-check your contact information. We are requiring employees to utilize employer-provided personal protective equipment such as masks in order to minimize risk and maintain the safety of our staff and residents.
Questions? Please contact Brenda.Fitzpatrick@dshs.wa.gov and reference #03945.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security