Federal - Endpoint Protection Engineer - #7934013
Accenture Contractor Jobs
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services brings together cyber and IT security to provide federal agencies with the most comprehensive, resilient security architecture possible. Our strategic approach is designed to leapfrog today's untenable status quo, helping clients take advantage of next generation technologies and approaches to realize more effective and sustainable security.
An innovator and problem-solver. You're an expert when it comes to protecting on-prem and cloud-based systems. And you can configure and deploy any security tool that comes across your desk. While staying on your toes, you design customized and cutting-edge solutions. You know security solutioning requires knowledge of infrastructure, trusted applications, continuous monitoring proper implementation of security appliances and virtual machines. You understand who or what is connecting to the network and how to properly implement security frameworks such as Access Control and Zero Trust.
Be part of a team that designs, protects and manages security services in a managed service infrastructure supporting multiple clients in a multitenancy FedRAMP high environment
- The Security Engineer will work closely with other internal and external teams to promote security best practices to support the build of a reliable, stable, high performance, core infrastructure platform to host highly critical cloud-based security systems.
- The Security Engineer will partner across multiple efforts to develop and drive the overall secure design, development and security maturity of the offerings core business and security infrastructure environment.
- Engineer and tune the security solutions including but not limited to enrollments, monitoring, alerting and maintaining defined security posture.
- Implement, develop and integrate responsible solution.
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions and provide recommendations.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, cloud security best practices, frameworks and threats to proactively assess and evaluate secure solutions adoption.
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- 4 years of IT and/or Cyber experience
- Hands on Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience managing MSFT Defender or Elastic/ELK Endpoint Detection Tools
- Experience scripting and working with APIs (preferably Python and REST APIs)
- You have one or more of the following certifications:
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Networking (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper)
- Security Tools (Splunk, Carbon Black, Cylance, McAfee, Tenable, FireEye, CrowdStrike, ELK, Forescout,Proofpoint, Forcepoint)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
DC,DC - Washington