Case Coordinator - #7933933
Position Summary: Assures high quality home care services to clients by identifying qualified and skilled home care workers and preparing them for permanent service provision. Schedules aides for all patients. Monitor schedules and support the home care aide’s success through communication/information and other resources.
- Coordinate home care services to clients, ensuring the required level and amount of services are provided timely and safely as prescribed by the client’s plan of care/authorization.
- Collaborate with other members of the home care team to select home care workers to ensure that the defined unique needs of the clients can be met.
- Communicate and document communications with internal and external agencies, contract, referrers, Selfhelp clinicians and clients regarding referrals, changes in services, changes in client status, discontinuation of services, need for re authorizations, inability to cover requested hours and unusual occurrences.
- Provide support and assistance to home care workers in assuring they understand their role and follow the client’s plan of care and agency policies and procedures.
- Report all occurrences to supervisor and ensure that all appropriate documentation is completed and submitted according to the department quality standards.
- Document all case activities and maintain documentation in client’s file/computer system in accordance with the department quality standards, contractual requirements and agency policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other case coordinators and payroll to assure that all assigned home care workers use the visit verification system appropriately to report and verify attendance as well as tasks performed for assigned clients during service hours.
- Participate in case conferences to evaluate current service plan, discuss specific and related case situations and to assess continuing need for home care services
- Assist with the reconciliation issues related to payment for services rendered including verifying actual hours provided, and service period, client information.
- Utilize supervisory assistance in the event sensitive or compounded problems or issues arise with clients, family members, home care workers, and other involved agencies.
- Perform assigned on call responsibilities on a rotation basis.
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED required; Bachelors preferred; experience accepted as substitute
- 2-5 years of experience in home care
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Problem solving abilities while multi-tasking; ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Knowledge of home care concepts, practices and procedures within a LHCSA
- Ability to work in a team.