Cloud Management Sales Specialist - SLED - Opportunity for Working Remotely Chicago, IL - #7933792
From private, to hybrid, and the hyperscalers there is no doubt that cloud is transforming our clients approach to IT. VMware, the world’s leader in virtualization, private cloud and hybrid cloud, helps our client take on the complex task to managing and navigating the many cloud offerings existing in our customer’s environments today. From a client’s first private cloud, building of a multi-tenant environment, understanding and managing cost across disparate cloud infrastructures, or deciding how and when to move workloads back and forth from the public clouds, VMware’s Cloud Management portfolio helps clients take on this ever-growing challenge.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Cloud Management Specialist will work at multiple levels within the organization to:
- Previous sales experience in State and Local Government as well as Education (SLED)
- Drive solutions for customer’s intelligent operations and automation initiatives.
- Work effectively as both a specialist (subject matter expert) in support of a core account exec, as well as, directly leading independent sales cycles
- Create demand and execute pipeline generations programs in conjunction with the sales leaders in each market.
- Support the Regional Directors to understand market trends and strategic direction around the cloud operating model
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within customer accounts by providing insights and value that establishes credibility and trust
- Maintain a strong technical knowledge of VMware’s Cloud Management products and services, as well as, industry trends, customer adoption and competitive solutions
- 8+ years in enterprise software sales at industry leading companies. With a proven track record of achieving business objectives, in a highly competitive environment, working with enterprise and/or commercial clients.
- Consultative sales skills with demonstrable selling experience at the C-level, and ability to work as part of a team in a matrix organization.
- In-depth knowledge of the IT Management business vertical, industry trends, end-user challenges and competitive landscape.
- Experience selling SaaS or Cloud solutions
- Strong business acumen, planning, and the ability to execute
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated solutions selling skills to drive solutions (product and services) that reduce cost, improve agility, and delivery reliability to IT stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of value selling methodologies, processes and tools
- Strong business analytical skills including developing business cases and Financial Models including ROI/TCO
- Ability to understand and present VMware's vision, strategy and organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience;
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time when the time comes
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.