ETL Developer (PL/SQL, Oracle) - #7933180
ABC Financial Services, Inc.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The ETL developer involves directly supporting the design, development, and integration of custom ETL code into Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server DB’s. The ETL Developer will be responsible for complex design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support of the process of extracting, transforming and loading data from disparate application systems into a production database, as well as reporting and other database processing needs. This individual should possess the following technical skill set as it relates to the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position Duties
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain PL/SQL code for ETL, reports and other needs.
- Work closely with different teams for manual processes as well as resolving issues.
- Troubleshoot data and work flow issues within the data warehouse, as well as transactional databases
- Work closely with team members, DBAs, and business analysts to implement a sound solution, while adhering to agile methodology and lean integration techniques
- Automate and monitor jobs, rectifying issues within a timely manner ensuring SLAs are met
- Logical and physical database design following best practices and standards
- Work efficiently to resolve production support issues, escalating issues as needed.
- Maintain proficiency in a variety of computer programming languages, such as SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting, in order to successfully complete the tasks of the role.
- Update and maintain Entity Relational Diagrams as required.
- Provide documentation of new processes, as well as update and maintain existing documentation as needed.
- Departmental Expectations
- Flexibility - ABC is a client centric organization requiring a great deal of flexibility
- Professional Development is offered and expected for all Software Development positions. You must have the initiative to keep your manager informed of your desired development goals.
- Participate in Daily Status update
- Participate in on call rotation based on the number of individuals on the team.
- Respond to calls outside of on call rotation as needed to assist other team members or provide additional support.
- Proficient and professional communications
- Peer and stakeholder reviews are held annually and require all to participate in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or management
- Regular and reliable attendance required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education (at least one of the following):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2-3 years Data Warehousing/ETL experience
- Hands-on experience with gathering business requirements, documenting the reporting and analysis specifications, designing technical architecture, installing and configuring all components of an ETL tool, creating complex mappings, sessions, and workflows. Demonstrates sound understanding of development methodology
- Demonstrates strong experience writing SQL, PL/SQL, and Unix Shell scripts.
- Experience with Oracle Developer Tools such as Enterprise Manager and SQL Developer.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to design and deliver solutions across the enterprise in a timely fashion while balancing multiple competing priorities
- Proficient in a variety of computer programming languages, such as SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell Scripting, in order to successfully complete the tasks of the role.
- In depth knowledge of relational database systems, specifically Oracle
Autonomy & Self-Management – Ability to set and achieve standards, goals, and objectives with minimal supervision. Ability to clearly prove value to the company and achieve profitable results.
Teamwork – Ability to fit, mold, and adapt within the dynamics of multi-functional, self-directed workgroups. Ability to encourage and assist peers in reaching their individual and team-oriented goals and objectives.
Communication Skills – Ability to effectively convey the needs of our products to vendors and prospective suppliers. The ability to effectively convey the capabilities and limitations of equipment, hardware, drivers, etc. to ABC Developers, Business Analysts, and other internal staff. Ability to write reports that effectively convey information in concise, readable terms. Ability to effectively present ideas and solutions to small or large audiences of customers, clients, vendors, suppliers, managers, and other stakeholders. Able to relate to both technical and non-technical users.
Rapport Building – Ability to build and foster positive interpersonal rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
Critical Thinking & Discernment - Ability to discern when the business goals and objectives of others might take precedence over assigned goals and objective.
Problem Identification and Solving - Must be able to identify problems based on subtle indicators. Must be able to develop options to solve problems in a timely manner and apply logic and reasoning to determine and implement optimum solutions.
- Ability to problem solve using deductive reasoning skills in a timely manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to frequent change
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within assigned fields of responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of personal computer systems, their subcomponents, and their peripheral devices.
- Travel to clients approximately 1-4 weeks per year and must be able to fly on a commercial airliner domestically and abroad.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, bend, climb, and crawl with the dexterity required to install, manipulate, and operate computer equipment and peripherals.
- Must be able to speak clearly and hear.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to fly on commercial airliners domestically and abroad
- Moderate to loud noise level
- Fast paced and positive
- Employee may be required to furnish mobile services and devices necessary to receive business communications on a continual basis; including voice, text, email, and ability to connect to ABC’s enterprise email server.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Job Type: Full-time