Intl Logistics Coordinator - #7929204
Ice-O-Matic is seeking a detail oriented, reliable and dependable Logistics/International Shipping Specialist to join our Ice team. This is a new position that will report to the Logistics /Shipping Supervisor and will be responsible for providing support in the International and Expedited Shipping process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain international Shipping Order Reports and schedules.
- Follow up and monitor closely changes on current bookings or required diversions as needed.
- Learn the needs of each customer/supplier, establish proper profiles and contact information and communicate in a timely manner with customers and/or suppliers to obtain or supply documentation (Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, SED/SLI and any other international document needed for import and export shipments.
- Verify all order shipping status is current in the open order report, communicating with freight forwarders and customer care teams.
- Work with purchasing to verify all current orders are up to date for international inbound orders of both raw materials and finished goods, to ensure purchase orders ship and arrive according to timelines set up by materials buyer/planners
- Work closely with the logistics/shipping supervisor, scheduler, and customer care to verify all orders are booked, manufactured in a timely manner. Any changes are immediately evaluated and confirmed and reach out to sales and or buyers as needed when timelines may be impacted by changes.
- Make implemented changes of chosen carriers/forwarders as approved by Ice-O-Matic approved list of carriers.
- Closely track daily all open orders status to quickly notify Shipping Supervisor of issues that should be addressed.
- Ensure that daily goals are met and sustained daily/weekly/monthly.
- Assist with other projects as designated by Materials Team.
- Track and process expedited shipments both domestic and international on a daily basis. Provide timely response to any delayed shipment to Customer Care, Shipping Supervisor, buyers, and planners.
- Track and trace shipments for both inbound and outbound shipments. Providing updated changes to schedule date.
- Rate, ship and process LTL, Truckload, Ocean, Air, Customer Pickup, orders with the use of Ice-O-Matic TMS shipping software.
- Provide inventory control support on customer critical materials.
- High School Diploma Required
- 2 years minimum experience in Logistics and/or Transportation.
- 2 years minimum experience with inventory control.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, ERP System
- 1-2 Years Logistics’ Experience
- 1-2 Years Inventory Control Experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of shipping functions, including knowledge of transportation terminology and shipping.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal, virtual and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to take initiative.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her ability
WHY WORK AT ICE-O-MATIC?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Ice-O-Matic, you and your position will be important to all your co-workers. Bring your ideas to life as we work to continuously improve together.
- Gain experience: Be a part of a global company in a constant changing world. The contributions you make will matter at Ice-O-Matic as the company continues to grow and change.
- Family culture: Join the close-knit team at Ice-O-Matic and you can enjoy working alongside cross functional teams from all departments of the company. Everyone will know who you are.
Ice-O-Matic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- One location